Thursday, April 24, 2008

I've seen Curly, and you, Sir, are no Curly.

NYT Columnist Thomas Friedman was hit in the face with a pie.



The throwers are some assholes who call themselves the "Greenwash Guerillas."

I don’t think it’s funny, and I don’t think it contributes to any discourse. I reflexively want to oppose the goals of anyone who resorts to this kind of tactic. I’ve been conscious about reducing my carbon footprint. I have cut way back on beef and I walk everywhere I can. I am assiduous about recycling.

Seeing something like this makes me want to buy an SUV.

Universities should take a stronger line on people who do this. There is too much effort put into bringing people to campuses, and offering a forum for guest speakers is too central to a university’s mission, to allow people to try to silence ideas in this way.

These guys should be charged with assault and kicked out of school.

No comments: